Freitag, 8. Januar 2016

inspired



...on being inspired by place.

“A significant place is definitely Highway 35 in Texas. It cuts right through the middle of the state, and I used to drive it on the weekends when I lived there. I remember one drive on an early Saturday morning – the most incredible fog was covering the empty highway for miles, and I kept stopping to take pictures of all these harvested fields and abandoned houses. The world that morning felt so mysterious and massive. I was sort of looking for something that year inside myself and around me, and I found part of it that morning. I was just getting into photography then, too, and the whole world was suddenly opening up to me. Circling back to the issue of color and aesthetics, I can say that I wasn’t seeing things because they were visible, but they were visible because I was seeing them.”


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen